Online careers site Zippia has published a map of people’s favorite Thanksgiving pages by state. Their research wasn’t rocket science, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t stupid fun.
Zippia basically used Google keyword trends to find the favorite of 20+ traditional side dishes and foods that ranked #1
- Mashed potatoes is the favorite of 10 states. (How come we’re not surprised?)
- Just past Mashed Potatoes is Mac n’ Cheese (We would have thought stuffing.)
- While most states are reaching for the carbs, Maine went with the side salad and we have to ask WTF?
- The Midwest is all about casseroles, especially green bean casseroles.
- In Alabama it’s not called stuffing, it’s called “dressing”.
- Only New Hampshire is a big fan of cranberry sauce, even Massachusetts, where most cranberries are grown, went with the stuffing.
- Cookies. Roll. crescent bun. Forget the fancy side dishes, hot bread rules!
- 47 states opted for carbohydrates. Only 3 went with veggies and we bet these dishes are drenched in fat.
Most Popular Thanksgiving Side Dish by State
|Alaska||Hash Brown Casserole|
|Arizona||Green bean casserole|
|Delaware||Macaroni and Cheese|
|District of Columbia||Macaroni and Cheese|
|Florida||Sweet Potato Casserole|
|Georgia||Macaroni and Cheese|
|Idaho||Green bean casserole|
|Maryland||Macaroni and Cheese|
|Michigan||Green bean casserole|
|Nebraska||Green bean casserole|
|New Hampshire||cranberry sauce|
|New Mexico||Green bean casserole|
|North Carolina||Macaroni and Cheese|
|North Dakota||Mashed potatoes|
|Ohio||Green bean casserole|
|South Carolina||Macaroni and Cheese|
|South Dakota||crescent bun|
|Tennessee||Sweet Potato Casserole|
|Texas||Green bean casserole|
|Virginia||Macaroni and Cheese|
Happy Thanksgiving from the American Craft Beer Crew….Now back to the beer.